2019 Election Announcement
Published On: August 05, 2019
The Annual Electronic Business Meeting of Touchstone Energy Cooperative, Inc. will be held electronically on Wednesday, Dec. 4, at 1 p.m. EST with online voting available until 5 p.m. EST. Please mark your calendars.
The goal of this meeting is to conduct the business of the organization and elect board members. Please find an overview of the upcoming election process as follows:
- We will email each co-op’s CEO/GM to appoint their co-op’s voting delegate for this election cycle. The deadline for appointing voting delegates is Oct. 31.
- The same email will allow co-ops affiliated with a Regional Member the opportunity to appoint their Regional Member as their voting proxy (if they would like). The deadline for naming a proxy is also Oct. 31.
- Once the official list of voting delegates and proxies is determined, we will send official registration “save the date” invitations. On Nov. 19, all official voting delegates and proxies will receive their unique voting instructions. If you are not a voting delegate, you can still observe the Annual Electronic Business Meeting by registering at this link.
- In the meantime, members have the ability to nominate qualified candidates for the election beginning Aug. 7. The deadline for nominations is Sept. 12.
- Four seats will be filled this election cycle.
- Once we have received all nominations, candidate profiles will be available at TouchstoneEnergy.com/2019BusinessMeeting.
- Please note, Touchstone Energy will provide candidate profiles for each candidate, but campaigning is up to each respective candidate consistent with Board Policy.
- The election will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 4, at 1 p.m. EST with online voting available until 5 p.m. EST. We will announce the new board directors to the Board, the candidates and to the membership via Brand News as soon as validation efforts are complete.
Thanks for helping to make this a successful meeting, and additional information will be provided throughout the election process.
Jeffrey Connor, Interim Executive Director