Use Energy Wisely and
Together We Save
Top Ten Tips For Saving Energy And Money
If you visit this blog or our twitter page frequently, you know that quick and easy tips on saving energy and electricity is a bit of an obsession of ours. Which tips deserve priority? Good question. Luckily, we have an answer.
Below are the tips that any good energy saver should not live without. Make yourself a tip jar and put these ten inside.
Top Ten Tips:
1. Plug electronic devices such as cable boxes, printers and TVs into power strips to turn off during vacations or long periods without use.
2. Replace any light bulb, especially ones that burn more than one hour per day, with a light-emitting diode (led) bulb.
3. Close shades and drapes during the day to help keep heat out in summer.
4. Outside your home, caulk around all penetrations including telephone, electrical, cable, gas, water spigots, dryer vents, etc.
5. Set water heater temperature no higher than 120ºF.
6. Use air-dry cycle instead of heat-dry cycle to dry dishes.
7. Keep your garage door down. a warmer garage in the winter and cooler garage in the summer will save energy.
8. Change HVAC filters monthly.
9. Make sure the dryer vent hose is not kinked or clogged.
10. Ensure gaskets around door seal tightly.
Use the home energy use chart below to see other areas where you can save.