Wasting energy when you're closed is bad for business and your bottom line. Take advantage of these five tips to lower energy costs after hours:
- Use timers on all non-security lighting to automatically turn off lights when the building is empty.
- Install smart power strips to help eliminate phantom power in appliances and electronic equipment.
- Add occupancy sensors to vending machines to reduce energy use when no one's around, while still maintaining product quality.
- Implement power management sleep settings on all computers and office equipment to eliminate phantom power.
- Program your thermostat to adjust building temperatures to reduce energy use for heating and cooling.
With these simple measures, you can close the door on energy waste and see some welcome savings on your energy bills.