Embracing The Future
Advancements in technology impact the energy industry, including how we generate, store and manage electricity usage. Technology has also placed more power in the hands of cooperative members like you, to better understand and manage your electricity needs. Your Touchstone Energy cooperative is working to integrate technology into your community, including understanding electric vehicles, battery storage, solar and more. This section shares more information about these technologies.
Energy Technologies Resources
As your Touchstone Energy cooperative, we are your source for energy and information. Since interest in solar power generation is growing, we put together a series of fact sheets to help answer questions you might have. Contact us for more information about solar and assistance in making decisions about whether solar is a good option for you.
Electric vehicles (EVs) are a “hot item” in the auto world, with many auto manufacturers offering at least one model. Improved versions are on the near horizon, too, for good reason. Electric vehicles provide environmental advantages and, even though they may carry a higher price tag initially, tax credits and lower operating costs often balance out the initial investment.
- Overview of Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- Is an Electric Vehicle Right for You?
- Nuts and Bolts of Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs)
- Nuts and Bolts of Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs)
- The Electric Vehicle Evolution
- Possibilities of Vehicles to Grid Technologies
- A Quick Guide to EV Workplace Charging
- How Long Will an Electric Battery Last
- Electric-Vehicle Ready Homes
- An Overview of Electric Vehicles and Charging Stations
- A Guide to Multifamily Plug-in Electric Vehicle Charging