Embracing The Future
Advancements in technology impact the energy industry, including how we generate, store, and manage electricity usage. Technology has also placed more power in the hands of cooperative members like you, to better understand and manage your electricity needs. Your Touchstone Energy cooperative is working to integrate technology into your community, including understanding electric vehicles, battery storage, solar and more. This section shares more information about these technologies.
Energy Technologies Resources
As your Touchstone Energy cooperative, we are your source for energy and information. Since interest in solar power generation is growing, we put together a series of fact sheets to help answer questions you might have. Contact us for more information about solar and assistance in making decisions about whether solar is a good option for you.
Electric vehicles (EVs) are a “hot item” in the auto world, with many auto manufacturers offering at least one model. Improved versions are on the near horizon, too, for good reason. Electric vehicles provide environmental advantages and, even though they may carry a higher price tag initially, tax credits and lower operating costs often balance out the initial investment.
- Overview of Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- Is an Electric Vehicle Right for You?
- Nuts and Bolts of Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs)
- Nuts and Bolts of Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs)
- The Electric Vehicle Evolution
- Possibilities of Vehicles to Grid Technologies
- A Quick Guide to EV Workplace Charging
- How Long Will an Electric Battery Last
- Electric-Vehicle Ready Homes
- Overview of Charging Stations
- A Guide to Multifamily Plug-in Electric Vehicle Charging
- Electric Buses and Public Transportation (English) (Spanish)
- Electric Fleet Vehicles (English) (Spanish)
- Electric Lawn & Farm Equipment (English) (Spanish)
- Electric Vehicles Basics (English) (Spanish)
- Range Anxiety & Fuel Comparison (English) (Spanish)
Battery storage systems are growing in popularity as the technology improves, prices decline and cooperatives and their members recognize the benefits of energy independence, resiliency, renewable energy integration and financial savings. System installations are increasing in residential homes and businesses and at utility scale.
Smart home technologies continue to grow in popularity, and for good reason. They offer users more control, freedom and security over their homes and can improve comfort, energy use, the environment and safety. But they offer benefits for electric co-ops as well, who can tap into these devices and appliances to optimize the grid and improve its reliability, efficiency and health while supporting their members.
- Co-op Benefits of Smart Home Technologies (English) (Spanish)
- Smart Home Overview (English) (Spanish)
- Smart Home Technologies & Benefits (English) (Spanish)
Advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) — an integrated system of smart meters, communications networks and data management — is key to modernizing power generation and distribution to improve the reliability, affordability and safety of electricity delivery. At its core, AMI provides enhanced data collection and analysis that unlocks many new opportunities. Electric co-ops have been installing smart meters throughout the country to replace older electric meter technology, and they are now the most common type of meter in the U.S.
Learn how electrifying your transportation can make living at home and on the planet better every day.
See how choosing LEDs with the right color temperature will save energy and improve the quality of light in your…
Electric vehicle owners can benefit from the convenience and lower cost of charging at home before hitting the road…
Air source heat pumps move heat into and out of your building to provide highly efficient heating and cooling, as…